ionPOWDERTM : Ion implantation and coatings for powders
IONICS has developed with MATERIA NOVA’s engineers an innovative low-pressure plasma coating process to treat powders and loose parts.
The equipment allows powder’s surface treatment with :
- Ion implantation with our ionGUN2000TM implantation system.
- PVD and PECVD processes allowing new alloys with rare elements, core shells hybrid structure, nano structuration to reach enhanced properties of commercial low cost powders.
Main process advantages:
- Low temperature surface treatment: bulk materials initial properties are preserved
- Parts geometry respected: no machining resumption
- Precise and localized surface treatment: process time and final technical performances optimized
- Electrical conductivity is not necessary: any insulating materials might be treated
- Environmental friendly dry process.