ionPOWDERTM : Ion implantation and coatings on powders
IONICS has developed an innovative low-pressure plasma ion implantation and coating process to reinforce and modify powders, grains, and loose parts.
The equipment will contribute to powder’s surface treatment with :
- Ion implantation with our ionGUN2000TM , an ECR ion sources.
- PVD and PECVD processes allowing new alloys with rare elements, core shells hybrid structure, nano structuration to reach enhanced properties of commercial low cost powders*.
* The combination of PVD/PECVD coating technologies in ionPOWDERTM is optional.
Main process advantages:
- Low temperature surface treatment: bulk materials initial properties are preserved
- Parts geometry respected: no machining resumption
- Precise and localized surface treatment: process time and final technical performances optimized
- Electrical conductivity is not necessary: any insulating materials might be treated
- Environmental friendly dry process.